This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”). At Designer Blinds we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
About The Company
Designer Blinds, including all subsidiaries, divisions and associated companies.
The Information We Collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly for our franchising business, and includes marketing, purchasing, recruitment and related services. For this purpose, we will collect personal details including your name and address, etc. We collect information directly from you where you voluntarily provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Basis of Data Processing
How We Receive Personal Data
How We Use Your Information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Categories of Personal Data
We may process the following categories of Personal Data:
- biographical information, such as first and last name;
- professional information, such as job title, position, and information about your organization;
- billing information, such as bank account information and payment card number(s);
- contact information, such as email address, postal address, phone number, and fax number;
- identifiers and device information, such as IP address and associated location(s), operating system, and device IDs; and
- your interests,
Purposes of Processing Personal Data
We may process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- managing our relationship with you;
- selling our Services to you;
- responding to your requests or questions;
- sending you email marketing communications about our business, or that of our business partners, that you have expressed interest in, or which we think may interest you;
- collecting payments that are due to Designer Blinds;
- enforcing our legal rights;
- measuring and improving our products and services, marketing initiatives, and website performance;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to Designer Blinds.
Data Integrity & Security
We have implemented and will maintain technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect Personal Data from unauthorized processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We May Also Disclose Your Information:
Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction Of Your Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
Definition of Personal Information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, personal information also includes the following items:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the department of home affairs.