- Affordability: Curtains are made from expensive, heavy material. It is a lot of money to pay for a product that collects much dust and is not easily replaced. Shades are far more cost-friendly in this department.
- Versatility: Due to their lower price, you can change your blinds as often as you would like to suit the space.>
- Energy-efficiency: Shades and shutters allow you to control how much light and heat enters the room– this significantly reduces heating and cooling costs.
- Privacy: Shades completely close, with the panels overlapping as they do, which means there is no chance of anyone seeing into your livingroom.
- Easy maintenance: Occasionally dusting your shades off with a feather duster, damp cloth, or even the vacuum is all it takes to keep them clean. Curtains, on the other hand, require cleaning specific to the fabric along with specialised products.
- UV blocking: The sun’s rays are powerful and when livingroom furniture is exposed to UV rays for prolonged periods, discolouration and fading will occur. Shades block light during the part of the day when the sun shines directly into the windows.
The Products We Offer
There is no doubt about it; blinds are a far better option than curtains for most (if not all) rooms of a home. Apart from awnings, we have seven types of shades and shutters to choose from:
- Aluminium: Known for a sleek look, durability and easy light control.
- Bamboo: Bamboo blinds create a warm ambience in any roomwhile emphasising the beauty of wood.
- Roller shades: Block-out and light-diffusing fabrics ensure you get to control how much light gets in.
- Motorised: If you love home automation, then you need a product that can be controlled via a wall switch or remote, such as our motorised blinds.
- Shutters: A variety of colours and styles means this window covering is also a statement design piece.
- Vertical: Larger windows and sliding doors are best suited to vertical blinds that give the illusion of high walls.
- Wooden Venetian: Stylish and natural, wooden Venetian blinds are ideal for homes and office spaces alike.
If you are looking to incorporate a contemporary feel into your home, then it does not get any better than our products. Interested in new window dressings for your living room?
Contact us at Designer Blinds today.
Designer Blinds is a division of Top Carpets and Floors.